Wednesday, November 11, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I got tagged recently by Sheetal whose recipes keep me inspired to cook :)

I have seen my sister also managing both work and home, and the way Sheetal tries out different things and blogs about it despite her possibly busy schedule is definitely motivating and I cook sometimes in my own little ways :)

Now coming onto those 25 things, the number seemed quite big to me and hence I am including many trivial things :)

1. I like having long conversations with close friends. One topic leading to another, random topics..get together with older friends is also what I look forward always.
2. To relax after spending hours in front of computer I prefer walking in crowded places like bazaars.
3. I like punning. I'm famous among my friends for that, and infamous for PJs :)
4. The tastiest food I have had among outside eateries includes some fish and chicken delicacies.
5. I consider playing musical instrument as the highest skill of crativity, so I plan to learn it thoroughly at some stage of life.
6. Among sports/games, I used to win city level tournaments in chess in childhood but later I played it lesser and lesser. But I still play on internet sporadically.
7. I am an avid follower of Tennis. From Sampras and Steffi era I am following it and current players (mostly Federer) have made my interest grow further.
8. During cooking I try to optimize time and efforts while preserving/enhancing taste. I believe cooking is a great learing experience considering the multitasking involved and management of lot of things.
9. Here is latest tip which i found empirically- you can add Soyabean nuggets to many curries/pulavs. To keep it crisp, add it initially in oil. It is nutritional and enhances taste in most cases. This has been added as a separate point in list as I think it is worth it :)
10. I used to read books and like fiction, but later I found out that real life has more interesting stories, dramas, tragedies :)
11. Movies are still part of my leisure time, unlike books. courtesy- some friends who are die-hard hollywood movie fans and have a huge collection.
12. I still read books when I have to know/learn new topics. I have read on many varied topics -just to get little idea of many fields.
13. I like songs with meaningful lyrics..then they can be old or new, Hindi or English. Some of the songs composed by Gulzaar are my favorites.
14. I prefer cold weather to hot.. hence liked Bangalore wather a lot :)
15. Early riser and like to go for walk/jogging. On those days in which I wake up before my alarm rings I get immensely satisfied :)
16. Puzzle solving interests me and I had learned techniques to solve very hard level Sudokus!
17. Compact but powerful gadgets are preferred by me..I will buy a Netbook sometime although i have a 14' laptop :)
18. A train journey without reservation is last on my priority list but the same with reservation tops the list!
19. I keep a small bag of few common medicines (my sister being a doctor) and have managed many months to without any sickness leave.
20. like to watch news and comedy programs on tv
21. don't like most of the recent bollywood movies, they have repeated patterns an hence are predictable. see my previous post :)
22. banana chips is one of the favorite snacks option.
23. like trekking, but haven't done much this season
24. within India, would like to visit kashmir, leh-ladakh
25. would like to start a team blog, haven't finalized yet, but i have few topics are in mind.

Choosing among untagged friends, I am tagging Aditya who is in UK, Nikhil who is in US, and Sameer who is in France.

6 comments:

My cooking experiments said...

Hi enjoyed reading it. A good post!

Milind said...

my pleasure.. i got good opportunity to let blog readers know that i can cook a little :)
though not worth any blog post yet :)

Sheetal Kamat said...

Great list Milind :)

And thanks for generous words about my blog :)

Milind said...

I am the one who should thank you for tagging me, and u deserve those comments for your cooking skills :)

Unknown said...

nice list!!
thanks for tagging me... 25 seams to be big number.. that to about self!! never thought about that... but now will...

Milind said...

well, you could include things about your wife also as she is now your 'other half' and without her you are incomplete ;-)